We don't have any plans to escape without kids this year so will have a big special family dinner together (Roast Lamb & Vegies). However, there is one tradition that cannot be messed with. Apple Pie. You heard me right, apple pie marks some significant occassions in our lives. Tradition is that Craig makes me an apple pie for our anniversary in June, but we also celebrate Valentines Day as it is the day we first started 'going out' (I know... I know...) and I get to make the apple pie to celebrate that day! (Having said that, we like apple pies so much we make them as often as seems reasonable, but these two days MUST be marked with apple pies!)
So - I made another apple pie (yes, I made one yesterday to take to the Masters' house!) for dessert tonight and we enjoyed it on the deck with homemade vanilla bean ice-cream and a cuppa. Delightful.
Happy Valentines Day to My Darling Heart... <3
| Spiced Apple Pie on Spelt Pastry with Crumble Topping served with Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream |
No comments:
Post a Comment